Wednesday, October 20, 2004

distractions...

I will not allow surveys or "i'm ivy, what plant are you" types to clutter up the personal genius on my blog, no matter how entertaining, but I do allow the occasional list. This week has a variety of distractions. I shall attempt to explain some of them.

CCA - a lecture series presented by the college. i sit in lectures from experts or noted individuals for an extra 2 1/2 hours a day for a week, write a 5 page paper, and get uno credito. this topic is titled "ronald reagan and the republican party." mildly interesting, though far from entertaining. i've learned some good history, though. so far, the best speaker has been former U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese.

Homework - the usual. i'm writing a research paper comparing odysseus, king david, and james bond. whoop! also cutting the importance of being earnest down to 15 minutes and attending a theatre performance saturday night.

World Series Prequels - i'm a baseball fan only when it's convenient. go sox and cardinals!

Greek - so much nightmarish work that it deserves it's own seperate category.

AIM - i'm usually on...LadyKSilber

People - yes, i do have friends here, home, and abroad! and some of them are dramatic/in dramatic situations, and require much attention.

Schedule - figuring out next semester. i'll update this later.

Sleep - which i haven't gotten enough of lately, and therefore have had a headache consistantly for...well, since saturday evening. send sympathy and a massage.

2 comments:

Emma Rose said...

Speaking of friends at home and abroad... did you ever get the post-card I sent you?? Sometimes, mail carrier steal post-cards, I'm convinced... so I thought I'd better check. :)

emelina said...

yes! i did get your postcard, and it made me incredibly sentimental to see my cityscape. *sigh* how i miss the northwest! here in h-dale, we have the clock tower of Central Hall...and that's about it.

i taped it onto my computer, and now i always have it near to look at. muchas gracias!