Wednesday, October 06, 2004

slightly confused...

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with me, but I feel very...disoriented. Probably the lack of sleep and excess of coffee, Em. Oh, right. That must be it.

For some reason, I haven't been able to remember what day it is. I have settled into a pretty good pattern, and so I usually don't even think about what classes I have happening on a particular day, it's automatic. I put the correct books in my backpack, and walk up the hill to class.

For some reason, this week hasn't been like that. I was walking to English class this afternoon, and almost went back to my room thinking that I must have the wrong day or class or something. Don't you just hate it when you have that horrible feeling that you've forgotten something important, but can't remember what it is?

High praise goes to the Star for "Alphabet Soup." A must read for everyone. Someday you'll read her books to your children.

Anyway, the two big events of the week (english midterm on monday and 2000 word theatre critique due today...they both went really well, though, and i actually had fun writing the critique. ask me about theatre lighting design!) are past, and now I can sit back and relax and wait for the lovely 4 day weekend to come! At least, that's what I should be able to do...but instead I guess I will memorize 30 Greek words, take a test on The Visit, translate a boatload of Greek sentences, practice accenting Greek verbs, Bible study, read Oedipus the King, look at some more bridemaid dresses online, try to figure out for sure whether or not I'm going home with Jess for the weekend, return Joel's camera that I've been borrowing for too long, go to dinner, and volunteer at Art for Creative Minds tonight.

More coffee, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

coffee. for sure, the answer to life. gainesville just had a starbucks open about three miles from my school (everyone can already see the problem that this will cause for me. i'm going to end up taking out a loan to pay for the coffee i'll need over the next four years. this is why i want to work there). but indeed. coffee. enbracing all things good :o)

and thanks for the praises. maybe someday i will write a book :o) love you :o)
--k (*star*)