Monday, October 25, 2004

they're all we've got to go on...

words, words, words.

your weekly vocabulary lesson ala emelina, chaps.


snappy - adjective. used to describe something clever, or portraying a crisp and cool image. something stylish, or having rhythm. orderly and correct. often referring to a unique object, phrase, or character trait.
that skirt is so snappy, can i borrow it on tuesday? [note: emphasis can be added to 'snappy' by snapping your fingers when the word is used.]

gorling - verb. a noise made by the stomach, primarily caused by hunger.
i was in the library, and my stomach was gorling loudly. [note: any starving college student/artist will testify that gorling is distinctly different from growling, and the two should not be confused.]

classes - verb. the action of an occuring class.
understanding theatre classes at 9 am, which is 2 hours too early. [note: for alternate example, see previous post "copying the other rose."]

definitely - adverb. having distinct limits. used to emphasize.
i definitely need to spend more time studying.

blug - noun. a whiny, depressing blog.
i wish emily would update her blug more often.

grood - adjective. combination of 'great' and 'good.' used when something is particularly noteworthy, or when you cannot remember how to speak.
food at saga is not grood.

electronical - adjective. relating to electronics.
i-pods are the coolest electronical waste of money. i wish i had one. [note: word credit to s. 'almost-garvey' cools.]

dude - noun. a male or female person. an exclamation used in many contexts.
dude, that's a beautiful dress! or hey dude, where have you been all my life?

where have you been all my life? - questioning phrase meaning 'i haven't talked to you in [insert any length of time], how are you? what's been happening?'

fondlye - adverb. to view with much favor or affection.
i look upon you fondlye, dear friend. goodnight. [note: beware of spelling this word 'fondly.' it is crucial to add the final 'e.' word credit to a.e. dawson.]




if you can think of any more emelinaisms, let me know. i shall be delighted to explain.

3 comments:

Aine said...

Sometimes my stomach gorls after I eat, even. Such is the life of a starving artist.

Oh, and "fondlye" is totally MY word, dude. I demand credit, 'cuz I came up with it.

Mister Woodles said...

Are you sure that "where have you been all my life" means what you say it means? I've always thought it was a sarcastic term, translating to "you are a very attractive person! I would like to marry you and have lots of babies. You complete me.. why did I not meet you before? My life until now has been a lie."

emelina said...

well, i was explaining the way I use these words and phrases. the rest of the world is free to use them incorrectly.