Friday, October 15, 2004

perfectly dreary...

It's raining outside, and it feels positively northwestern. The leaves are soggy and no longer have that satisfying crunch. The umbrellas are out in full force here in Michigan, but don't worry, I'm resisting the temptation. I'm a Portland girl all the way, and I always will be.

The only way this friday could be better is if I was sitting in Torre with you all day, sipping lattes and talking about saving the world through our super hero powers.
We'd walk over to Bibo and grab a sandwhich and some soup, probably, but I would spend most of the day listening to the sound of the rain and the sound of your voice. We'd laugh at eachother's stories and enjoy that fellowship that humans can have because of Christ's sacrifice and love. We'd watch the people rushing by and coming in for their hardcore italian coffee, and comment about society. We'd pray and talk about the serious things in life, and then be as silly as ever.

*sigh* It would be perfect.

i can't stop the rain
from falling down on you again
and i can't stop the rain
but i will hold you til it goes away

Here's to my dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you, emelina.

~*kates

Anonymous said...

Can I just say this little vignette made choke up a bit? I wish I could just have a good cry right here in the Governor's Cup. But it's been too long and my tears are held under to heavy of gaurd to access. Not too mention I have too much perceived dignity for my own good. Been one of those weeks, and you kind of hit a nerve...

M

Anonymous said...

Sigh... You're making miss PDX! Now if only I could bring a HC friend to chat with me at Torre.