Sunday, September 12, 2004

feels like today...

Happy sigh.

Good times. Good music. Good conversation. Good weather. Good mood. Good friends.

This has been a good weekend.

I think I'm gonna make it til Christmas, guys. It's not going to be easy; you still need to call me and tell me you miss me, and keep praying for me, but if this weekend is any indication of the next few months...

My attitude really shouldn't depend on circumstances or feelings. God has blessed me abundantly, but so often I tend to ignore it. Remind me that He is good every day.

So, of course, you're asking yourself, 'what made this weekend so awesome, Em?'

Everything. I definitely need to relax and do some fun/slightly irresponsible things more often. Oh, I studied, and I'm studying more today. I have a Greek exam tomorrow that I'm kinda worried about... But I got a really good grade on my English paper on Friday. Yah, and I finally got a better score than my perfectscholarroommate on a theatre quiz. (don't worry, love, I won't make a habit of it...)

But anyway, this weekend was great, because it was normal. I was normal. I hung out with people who liked me because I'm a nerd and easily entertained. And they thought that I was cool. (and that I have good taste in scent. lol.) I wasn't really sure that those people existed outside of my TP/Home circles. But I guess they do, and that makes me smile. I also did random things like talk about everything from God to history to philosophy to music to friendships, go to a big band concert, listen to music, go out late at night and look at the stars, take walks in the Arb, more talking, and a trip to McDonald's at 1:30 this morning. heh.

Whaddya know, I might even like this whole college thing.

'Immortals are never strangers to each other, no matter how distant one may make her home.' - The Odyssey

Not that I'm so conceited as to say we're immortals, but I just wanted you to know that I love you, I miss you, and I hope we're never strangers.

2 comments:

Aine said...

Ooh, if we're gonna be immortal, do we get to pick our occupations? 'Cuz I wanna be the Grim Reaper. *evil grin* Or maybe Eris, goddess of discord.
Sorry, I'm feeling evil today. Apparently pending illness makes me feel evil. I'm really glad you had a good weekend. Yeah, turns out college isn't as much of a towering menace as previously supposed. I'm gonna try to call you tonight about 8 or 9. ^.~

emelina said...

wow, and it took you 2 years to figure it out. i managed to learn it in 3 weeks. *wink* just kidding. i'm just sitting here by the phone waiting for you to call.