Monday, September 20, 2004

my replacement...

So apparently, I'm not the only snappy writer in my family...In fact, if this keeps up, I may be replaced!

So what has happened to make me realize that I'm perhaps not such a novelty? I got a letter today from my 12 year old brother. Now, Jonny's a smart boy, but he has yet to go through the years of strenuous training to which I have been subjected. In the area of writing, at least. He has, of course, at least 400 times more training and practice in the area of Legos. And yet, I'm impressed by his writing.

Anyway. I'm posting his letter, because I think it's hilarious, and pretty decent writing for a 12 year old boy. Gosh, my family's so awesome and talented.

Dear Emily
In your letter to me you stated that you and a friend were going to go catch frogs sometime, when only a few weeks ago I cought a frog. He jumped fast but I was faster. I cought the little thing as he jumped off a leaf right into my waiting hands. I brought him up for a closer inspection and he hopped right into my face. With me momentairily distracted he made his escape, but I realizing what had happened was in hot pursuit chasing him over twigs under leaves around pebbles and through the air we zoomed all over but at last I emerged victorius frog in hand. Then dad said to go put the frog back. How was your day?
Jonny

Isn't that the greatest thing ever? I laughed for a long time. Obviously, the kid needs to be taught about commas, but hey, that's a pretty minor problem, all things considered.

Happy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonny is my favorite brother!
-Bets