Sunday, September 19, 2004

leaving on a jet plane...

Just when I think I'm getting over something...*sigh*

It's been quite a weekend. But actually, it's been really good too. Let's see, the chain of events went something like this...

Friday was Bebop night at Galloway! I had forgotten how much I love Spike...(see the mess you've caused, Daws??) We watched the first six (or was it seven? i got kind of confused with the all the 'well, just one more...') episodes, and afterwards had some very interesting conversation. Why does it take two hours of talking to come up with the one sentence that really matters?

Saturday was homecoming, but I didn't really notice. Instead of going to the football game, I pounded out a simply smashing first draft of an essay on The Odyssey. It has much potential, and I'm very proud of it. Maybe English class is good for something after all...since it's fifty minutes of unashamed doodle-writing three days a week. I had coffee ala Bryce in the evening, ('black coffee loves a hand me down brew...') and was strangely hyper because of it. Coffee rarely effects me in such ways...actually, maybe the coffee was just a good excuse to be weird. Anyway, good intentions of studying last night were good intentions...but didn't actually translate into any quality studying. An attempt was made to teach me the basics of music theory, but I resisted as a matter of principle. Why does learning stuff have to be so much work? I mean, I would love to understand music, but I really have no desire to put any effort into it at this point.

I was also told on Saturday that a very dear (and younger than me!) friend has chosen her wedding dress. No official date yet, but there's no denying the inevitable... If that doesn't freak you out a little bit, I'm not sure what will... Actually, I'm pretty happy about it all. And I have a few more months before I have to give her up.

Today I got a phone call from Larissa Taylor, a good friend from home...and she and her husband are going to have a baby in May! Super exciting, of course, but a little weird too...

Maybe everybody else is growing up, and I'm just staying the same. Hmmm...

I just got off the phone with Allison, who is probably one of my oldest friends. It's kinda weird thinking that even if I go home, she won't be there...She's leaving tomorrow morning for a year at school in England and Austria, so I can't end this post without recounting a few of my favorite Mili memories...and there are a lot!

eating chives before choir every week (why was that cool again?)
spraining my ankle while playing mermaids in the sandbox
allie cutting her leg while playing house under my backyard tree
dress up (and not just when we were little. *giggle*)
pretty princess and pass the pigs during piano lessons
endless games of clue
tang
music camps (stage tiptoe!)
bangs
working together at bibo
coffee and wheatgrass
dreaming about broadway, shopping, and cigars
tanning
radio (boxes and boxes of arms! goodnight, sweetheart.)
spice tea and popcorn
crazy movie nights
jackie chan movies
grant kids commentary (loveland and lyons)
the owen wilson obsession
sushi
orlando bloom
ninjas and japanese menu tatoos
playing with her boys this summer
pizzacatto on 23rd
slumber parties

Remember our pact, Mili...you can meet Italians in cafes...you just can't marry them!

1 comment:

Emma Rose said...

That's funny. I remember a lot of these things too, only more by way of the second-hand stories, or coming into Bibo's while you girls were still in your crazy-creative ninja costumes.

Anyhow. I'm glad you thought of something to write tonight, because I can think of nothing, and I was so glad to have a blog to *read* instead of write. Thanks. :)