Wednesday, September 08, 2004

here we go again...

Well, it looks like this blog is going to become a 'when i was younger...' rant. Sorry. Hopefully it won't continue for too much longer. Maybe it's just because I'm sick, and wishing for my mom to say that it's okay for me to lay on the couch all day and drink tea. (Esther's doing a pretty good job of that, though. Thanks, babe.)

When I was younger, I wasn't really afraid of anything (except snakes). I was never one to hide under the covers and bury myself under pillows at the sign of trouble. Yah, I maybe had a few insecurities, like every kid, but as a general rule, I was fearless and matter of fact. I'm usually pretty sensible.

These days, it seems like I'm afraid of everything. Probably because I'm in a very vulnerable place, and gone from the facade of protection that home offers. So why do I suddenly want to just bury my head under the covers instead of facing insecurities? It's not rational, and not who I am.

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still you hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours

Why do I try to find comfort and protection in pillows and a down comforter when my Savior, Lover, and King is standing right by my bed?

Give me the unfaltering faith of a child, Lord. I never want to be so 'grown-up' that I lose sight of my goal.

I am Yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....

"I'm usally pretty sensible." ?!

Do I have the right blog? Is that Emily Maynard's speaking? (checks out cool picture) Oh. Ok, just kidding. Well, not quite. But anyway, you are awesome.
Hang in there. God's will be faithful to handle what you let Him.

Love you.

You know who.

emelina said...

no, i don't know who. do tell.