Wednesday, September 22, 2004

if-----then....

Life seems to be full of if-thens.

When I was younger, it was more basic things like, 'If your room is messy, then you have to clean it up.' Or 'If you hit your sister again, then you get a spanking.' (*winks at Betsy*) Or even the more positive 'If you do your chores and finish your school work, then you can have a friend over to play.'

High school was full of if-thens. 'If x equals 32, then what does y mean?' 'If you go into a debate round with the right evidence, but the wrong attitude, then you'll probably lose.' 'If the gun doesn't go off in Radio, then the hero will have to pull out a knife.' 'If I have to read/perform A Christmas Carol one more time, then I'm going to scream.'

My Internship was one huge if-then. 'If you take enough pictures, then some of them will turn out great.' 'If you get all your work done, then you have time to go sledding.' 'If you can't think of anything else to say, then try singing.' 'If you're willing to be silly in front of the camera, then you can make some great movies.' 'If you work with awesome guys, then you never have to carry your stuff.' 'If you're really stressed out, then sometimes you need to carry your stuff.' 'If you are humble, then God will reward you.' 'If you're willing to learn, then people will be willing to teach you.' 'If you are having a horrible day, then take a walk.' 'If you are taking that walk, then be sure to tell someone where you are going.' 'If you have the worst class stories, then you can laugh about them with your friends (months later.)' 'If you're willing to step out of your comfort zone, then you will grow.' 'If you ask for forgiveness, then you feel much better.' 'If you sing in the right stairway, then it doesn't matter if you don't have a perfect voice.' 'If you don't write down all your funny quotes, then you will forget them.' 'If you're on the best intern team ever, then you'll always have a friend.'

In college, it's still the same. 'If you don't study hard enough, then you probably won't get an A on your Greek quiz tomorrow.' 'If you stay up late on a Friday night, then the world will keep spinning.' 'If you stay up late on a Wednesday night, then you'll be tired in the morning.' 'If Javonne keeps feeding me such good food, then I will have her to blame for the freshman 15.' 'If people send me letters in the mail, then I'm in a better mood.' 'If we keep having late night dance parties in our room (girls only, of course), then maybe I'll be a better dancer.' 'If you don't think about home, then you can't be as homesick.' 'If you laugh hard enough, then the stress goes away.'

If more random people are reading my blog, then I have to be more careful about what I write. If your cell phone has free nights and weekends, then why don't you call me?

If Rachel asks me to update my blog, then I will, even though I have nothing interesting to say.

If I don't go to bed soon, then I will be very tired in the morning.


No comments: