Friday, September 24, 2004

love song for no one...

staying home alone on a friday
flat on the floor looking back
on old love
or lack thereof

searching all my days to find you
not sure what i'm looking for
i'll know where
when i see you

until then i'll hide in my bedroom
just staying up all night just to write
a love song
for no one

i'm tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here
so tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here

Good stuff, John Mayer.

Today's Friday, and even though I have the suite to myself this weekend, I think I'll be okay. I'd better be, because I was the one who decided to stay here while everyone else went different directions. I could have gone to the Weaver's house, which I would have loved, but I think I just need to stay here this weekend and do some serious writing. I need to get to know some of the other girls on my hall, too. There are far too many people at school that I wave to and smile at, yet I haven't yet found the time to have an actual conversation.

I also have a lot of schoolwork to catch up on, complete, and hopefully get a little bit ahead. I'm doing a pretty good job keeping up, but I feel much better if everything is snappy and ahead of schedule.

Yesterday was Kristina's birthday, so, really late at night Esther, Jessica and I kidnapped her and took her out for ice cream. She had a blindfold and didn't know who was in the car or where we were going. It was very entertaining, and I think she had a good time. It's hard being away from your family, but it's especially hard to be away from them on your birthday...

I needed a good excuse not to go to the ball tomorrow night, (i was going to have to go alone if i went anyway...) and Joel invited me to go have a nice dinner someplace with a couple of friends. I need to study a lot of Greek before I can feel comfortable doing that...and write 2 history papers. I'd like to get 3 done, but I'm seriously doubting the realism of that thought.

Anyway, please call me if you get the chance. I'll just be here, waiting by the phone.

4 comments:

Jib said...

Emelina-This comment actually has nothing to do with this post. Actually, I'm impressed with your choice of schools. I wish I had chosen Hillsdale myself.

Mister Woodles said...

You could have gone to a ball? Your school rocks. There's nothing like that here, we don't even get a homecoming dance. At some point, maybe for my 22nd birthday, I'm going to throw a huge formal party.

emelina said...

Yeah, we have *counts* 4 official formal dances a year. With a jazz band and everything. You should come up and take me to the next one.

Mister Woodles said...

From Troy Alabama to Hillsdale Michigan, according to Mapquest, would be 820 miles, and roughly 13 hours. That's a 26-hour round trip. As much as I'd love to, it might be easier to just plan my own ball. Too bad there are no sophisticated people in the South.